What does Villa Catalina’s HOA fee cover?
Paul Ash Management, Villa Catalina’s management company, sends out monthly assessment statements. Assessments vary, depending on the size of your unit, as well as if the residence has a one or two car garage.
So what do our assessments (Monthly HOA Fee) cover?
- Property taxes (discounted 40% National Register of Historic Places status)
- All electricity
- Softened water (soft water is not all water it is only the “hot water”)
- Air conditioning including maintenance
- 3X week garbage pickup
- 2 pools and their maintenance (one of which is gas heated)
- 2 laundry rooms with 6 washers and 6 dryers and their maintenance
- Regular landscaping of all common areas
- Pest Control
- Periodic building exterior maintenance (e.g. roofs, painting, etc.)
- Common Area Liability Insurance
- Disaster Insurance for all buildings
- Plumbing pipes that are located inside walls , floors, ceilings, and underground are the responsibility of the HOA
- Electrical wiring that is located inside walls, ceilings, and floors are the responsibility of the HOA
HOA Fee assessment varies by unit.
While at first glance HOA fees may sound like a lot to a prospective buyer, we encourage people to add up their expenses at their current home for all the items listed above. When you add those items up don’t forget to include your annual repair maintenance costs and eventual replacement costs of all your heating & cooling equipment, water heater and roof and we think you will agree, its a pretty good deal.